March 10, 2006

I guess it was a bubble!

Hard to believe that six years ago today:

The Nasdaq first broke 5,000. The index reached its highest close on March 10, 2000 at 5048.62. Ah, good times those were.

Thirty-one months later, the Nasdaq closed at 1114.41, a loss of 77.9%.

It’s roughly doubled since then, although the Nasdaq is still over 55% off its high.

Assuming the average long-term growth rate of stocks, the Nasdaq should make a new high around May 2014.


From - www.crossingwallstreet.com

Comments:
Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. I love your blog. It had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on md poker sale tables and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don�t know how I came across your blog but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don�t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to md poker sale tables. I am almost finished with it. Great job.

p.s some very good points on your blog
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home